The precious arsenal of guns requires proper storage so that they can be maintained properly for a longer duration.
However, for the safety of the weapon, one should know How to install a gun safe.
The installation process, if not done correctly, can lead to significant issues in the future such as malfunctioning of the lock, immediate opening and closing of the door and plenty other which can hard the gun and also injure the person.
Guns are not something to play with, so proper care should be taken for its storage to prevent unauthorized use as well as burglary of the arsenal.
Procedures and guidelines to keep in mind while installing a gun safe
- The process of installing a gun safe can turn out to be quite tiring and hectic. If the gun safe is large, it can even take a quite long time. Hence it is required for a person to have a basic knowledge of the process. Certain guidelines and procedures if followed for gun safe installation can make the process of installation easy and smooth.
- Appropriate location: This means to determine the best place for gun safe in house. It can be accomplished only after proper examination of the place. You need to decide a place where the gun safe can be installed easily yet remains safe. Appropriate action can be taken in the early stage only to decide where to Put A Gun Safe and avoid any future issues.
- Consideration is an important task while installing a safe. It is required to avoid the unauthorized attempts of opening and to keep it out of reach of the kids. It is of utmost importance for the gun owners to secure their licensed guns so that it is not stolen and used for heinous crimes.
- Effortless path: The length and breadth of the gun locker should be properly measured. As a result of which, it will be known as to how much space is to be required. Once it is determined, it becomes easy to move the safe to the desired location. It is advisable that those who are not part of the carrying process should make way the others. It would ensure a smooth process.
- Selective Flooring: Gun safes tend to be heavy, so it should be placed only on a suitable floor. They can set on any floor for the time being. They can cause damage to the floor eventually if the floor is weak. Hence, it is recommended that the floor type should have the ability to withstand the weight of the safe box. It is also vital to know that the floor should be very hard. It would ensure support for all the types of gun safes.
- The importance of leveling After finding the best place for gun safe, the installation process begins. However, it can look awkward if due to the issue of leveling, the safe looks lopsided. It should be leveled properly to the point that it leaves no trace of anything below. Bad leveling can also lead to serious security concerns so; it should be taken care of in a proper way.
- Appropriate bolting: For the smooth installation, one of the most important things to consider is the bolting of the locker for the gun. It should be known as to how to bolt a safe to the floor as that can ensure efficient installation. Assurance of the highest level of security is maintained by properly bolting the safe.
- The requirement of electric connection: Most of the Gun safes have the facility of built-in dehumidifier as well as lights. A dehumidifier is essential for the reduction of humidity in the box. As a result of which, the better care of the conditions of the gun. Lights are of vital importance as well. Both of these require electricity; the electrical outlets should be placed near make it much more user-friendly.
Related article if you are looking for best car gun safe then check out this article.
Tips for better installation of the gun safe
The manual should always be referred to while installing the locker for the weapon. Proper installation is important, and if not, then it can lead to damage. It can prove to be costly as well.
- The hiring of moving service provider can be very helpful in this scenario. They would ensure proper delivery as well as professional installation. Several gun distributors also offer the benefits of free shipping as well as installation service. That can help the owner to cut down various costs.
- If the house is new, there will not be any issue about the bearing weight of the same. However, in the older houses, the flooring and the route has to be taken into consideration.
- The recommended best place for gun safe placing is either in the basement or close to a load bearing wall. That will ensure extra support. Manual should be carefully read to have better insight about How to install a gun safe.
- Renting the appropriate appliance dolly can be helpful if only one person is doing the task. It is advised not to use refrigerator dolly as that can snap and cause serious hardship. Specialized stair climbing dolly can be utilized if the plan is to move it downstairs or upstairs.
- Proper checking of the same has to be a priority at the time of delivery for any sign of damage. If one finds any scratch or damage, then it should be taken care of.
- It is strongly advised that the moving of the box should not move with the door open. In case it swings inside accidentally, then severe damage can be caused to the person moving the box.
- The locker has to be taken off pallet before the moving process begins.
- If the delivery of the safe is in a carton, then it is extra beneficial to do a trial run with the box only. That will give the idea as to which route would be preferable. As a result of which, one will not have to carry the heavy safe to different places.
- Anchoring of the safe properly is of utmost importance. The safes which are not mounted can easily tip over. That makes it easier for the burglars to even move it out of the house.
- Consideration of right bolts for the surface is vital as anchoring is important as one of the final steps of the installation process. It is advisable that there should be no installation of concrete bolts on the wooden floors and vice-versa.
- Security measures are critical when it comes to the safebox for the gun to increase the amount of security. It should be anchored to the wall as well.
How to Bolt Down a Gun Safe
Best way to bolt down a safe. If you wonder what do to next, here is an answer. Once you take the necessary measurements and decide where each hole will be, it is time to drill the holes. Take the best drill you have and drill the holes that you’ve marked before.
It is important to use the right angle during the drilling, so the overall construction can be better positioned. The bottom of the safe that is previously marked with drilling points is more secure now. It is a matter of your skill and experience that will determine the quality of drilling, and if you are not sure how to do it, call someone who is skillful and who can help you do the job easily.
When you have the hole drilled in the bottom of the safe, it is time to apply the bolts. The best way to bolt down a safe is definitely by using the adequate bolts. Pay attention to the overall dimension and the size of the bolt before installing them.
They must combine with the dimensions of the holes you’ve made. Use the bolts that are strong enough to resist the pressure, since the overall quality depends on many factors. Take the quality bolts. If you have a screwdriver, it will be the best choice at this moment.
Take the bolts and use the screwdriver to secure the points. It may be necessary to use the larger screwdriver, especially if you have decided to use larger bolts. This kind of bolts will be ideal for larger safes that require more installation units in order to be properly installed. Get the adequate bolts and secure the entire construction adequately. The Last Moves
Now when you know how to bolt a safe to the floor, you need to apply a few more things. One of them is securing the safe and another one is combining different methods of locking. It is not all done when you have a floor mounted gun safe. You also need to secure the safe on other levels.
Use the right locking combination, if the safe is operated on the keypad locking system, or apply the fingerprint solution, if this option is part of the safe. This way, you know how to mount a gun safe and how to securely protect yourself from the unexpected guests. Lock the safe in the best manner and secure it appropriately.
The benefits of having a gun safe
The gun safe, by its name itself, implies that it is for the safeguarding of your weapons. Arms and its ammo are stored securely in it.
Gun safe offers protection from the theft as well. The best biometric gun safe offers the surety of the highest level of security.
A gun can work both ways in favor of the weapon owner as well against it. Most of the gun safes are fireproof as well. In the case of fire at your home, the gun owner can breathe safely knowing that the arsenal won’t be damaged.
There is nothing to worry from the extreme weather season as the safe would remain intact. Certain circumstances like flooding and other climatic condition are not avoidable. By the installation of the gun safe in the house, at least the gun will be out of reach.
It is no hidden fact that it is a lethal object. It is necessary to keep it out of the reach of the children and another prying person.
The arms require proper care and storage too to function properly for a long duration of time. A gun safe is crafted specifically for that purpose where it is easier to ensure the guns remain functional.
The features such as light and dehumidifier play a vital role in the maintenance of the weapon and ammo. There are numerous benefits of having a gun safe, and every weapon owner should know that.