Humans possess many various types of valuables that they want to keep safe from intruders. Money, guns, gadgets or private personal documents.
Also, there are those of us who carry a licensed firearm which, with the utmost care, must be kept safe and away from prowlers and even our own children.
If these reasons relate to you and you are considering purchasing and using a sentry gun safe, below is a step-by-step guideline that you can details how to program Sentry Safe biometric.
And If you recognize the importance of this, then what you need is a sentry safe that will protect and safeguard your personal valuables and weapons.
Also, the sentry safe utilizes biometric technology in the form of a fingerprint scanner, making it a secure way to keep out individuals who do not have your biological fingerprints. Furthermore, for extra security, the sentry gun safe also uses an input code as an alternative to the fingerprint scanner. If you want to read the best gun safe buyers guide so you can check this article.
Set Up the Gun safe
- After purchasing the gun safe, the case’s lid will be closed. To gain access to the case, use the key that comes with the safe and put it in the lock and turn. The lid should open.
- When the lid opens, you will find inside the safe some screws that can be used to mount your safe on a wall or under a desk and an instruction manual.
- It is important that you read the instructions manual provided because it outlines valuable information on how to use and care for your safety, especially when you want it to last for a long time
- Inside the case, is a tiny compartment that houses the batteries. Open the latch and take out the battery holder.
- You can remove the holder from the case easily and slot in four AA alkaline batteries. Most cases advise against the use of non-alkaline or rechargeable batteries, or the mixing of old and new batteries or alkaline and standard batteries. This will lead to the impairment of the battery life which, if care is taken, can last up 4 weeks for some products.
- Now, reattach the battery holder to the case but do not put it back into the compartment since we still have to set up the code and your fingerprints. If you are also looking for how to install a gun safe so we recently wrote a complete guide.
How to program the safe using an Input code
- Even if you wish only to access the safe using biometrics, it is still important that you set up an input code just in case of emergencies and you are in need of a backup.
- There is a small blue button at the back of the battery compartment. Press it for three seconds until you see the fingerprint scanner and four input buttons light up blue.
- Then enter your new cod. Make sure it is not a login code that everyone can effortlessly guess but rather one that only you know and can be recalled easily.
- After inputting your desired code, wait three seconds and the buttons will light up and the small light beside the fingerprint scanner will blink green three times, signaling that the input code has been saved. It is time to test it out
- Close the lid and press one of the buttons once so that it can power on, then input your code and the lid should pop open.
How to Program Sentry Safe Biometric
- It is important that you also input a set of fingerprints. It is a great way to protect the contents in your safe since you are the only one that can access it
- To do this, again hold down the small blue button in the battery compartment for three seconds. The four buttons should light up a blue color.
- Then swipe the finger that you want to use over the fingerprint scanner. Each time you do this, the green light will light up showing that the fingerprint is being registered.
- The blue light around the fingerprint scanner will light up blue, telling you to swipe again. Do this five to ten times, each time slightly altering the way you swipe the finger on the scanner.
- To show that the fingerprint is saved, the fingerprint scanner will not light up blue and the small green light will blink three times.
- If you want to input the second set of fingerprints, repeat steps three to five, if not then wait about five seconds. The small light green light will blink red this time, signaling that you can no longer input new fingerprints. Time to try it out
- Close the lid and run your finger, that you have used, over the scanner once. The case lid should pop open after a couple of seconds delay.
- If you want to double-check, close the lid again and run your finger over the scanner a second time, the case lid should open.
- To finish up, replace the batteries within the compartment and close the compartment’s latch. 10. Then place any items that you want to safeguard neatly into the case. 11. Close the lid.
- Put away the key in a safe location that you can certainly recall so that, if the situation arises and you cannot open the safe with the code or fingerprint, then the key can be used Make sure that it is in a secret location that only you know about.